This is my Nani’s recipe and I would love to share it with you. I remember when I was small and use to visit my Granny’s place she use to cook Malgoba for me as it was one of my favorite.
People those love eating sweet will love this recipe and those who prefer less sweet, can still use little less sugar and try this recipe I am sure they will too love this recipe.
As I was a kid she has given very cute name to this dish “Malgoba”. Hahahaha hai na cute bilkul meri tarah.
Lets take a quick look at how to make Malgoba:
This recipe is made with fresh chapaties, milk and sugar. If you love bananas you can add some pieces of banana too to this recipe.
- Boil the milk first.
- Now take 3 fresh chapaties, roll the first one and cut it to pieces. Simillarly roll the other 2 chapaties and cut them into pieces too and keep aside.
- You can simply break chapaties into pieces too. Its your choice.
- Take another vessel add chapaties pieces in it.
- Add 3-4 tablespoon sugar to it. You can adjust the sugar as per the sweetness you love. I am adding 4 tablespoon sugar to it.
- Now add 1 glass of hot boiled milk to it.
- Now switch on the flame and put this vessel on it.
- Cook this mixture till milk starts thickening.
- Stir it in between. As soon as your milk thicken ups, switch off the flame and serve Malgoba hot. I am adding 1 banana pieces on the top.
- If you don’t like banana with milk avoid it and you can have Malgoba simple without banana too but add it after switching off the flame.
- Try this recipe and let me know how it was.
Lobia ( Black Eye Beans) also known as Chawli is used for preparing curries in India and it tastes really well with hot steam rice. Specially if the curry is cooked using garlic. Garlic brings good taste in lobia. Recipe which I am sharing below is not of lobia curry but of lobia pakoras (pakodas). I love chawli pakodas and you might too love it. So note the recipe below:
Lobia (Chawli) Pakora Recipe:
- Soak 1 cup lobia (black eyed beans) over night or for 6-7 hrs.
- Once lobia is soaked wash it nicely with water.
- Now in a grinder take soaked black eyed beans along with 2-3 green chillies, 2 tablespoon corrainder (dhaniya) leaves, 1 tablespoon mint (pudina leaves), 1/4 teaspoon cumin seeds and grind it to a paste.
- Now transfer the grinder mixture into a vessel. Add salt and chopped onions.
- Mix it properly. Instead of chopped onion you can also use some finely chopped garlic cloves.
- Now heat oil in a pan or kadhai for frying lobia pakodas.
- Shape pakoras of lobia with your hand and put it in oil carefully for frying once oil is hot enough.
- Don’t put it in haste as oil will be hot enough and can splash out. Put it slowly and carefully in oil.
- You have to fry pakoras on medium flame from both the sides till it turns crisp and is cooked properly.
- Fry all the pakoras (fritters) and keep aside in a plate.
- Serve it with green chutney or tomato ketchup.
Chef – Geeta
Besan chikki Recipe:
- We require 1 cup besan, 3/4 th cup sugar, 2 tablespoon milk and 1/2 cup ghee for this recipe.
- First we have to melt the ghee and switch off the flame.
- Now take 2 cup besan in a vessel and add 2 tablespoon ghee and 2 tablespoon milk and mix it properly.
- Now we have to drive this besan mixture to get nice granular texture.
- Now switch on the flame and saute the seived besan in the melted ghee till besan is cooked properly and changes color. You will start getting nice aroma of roasted besan. Switch off the flame.
- Grease one large plate with ghee and keep aside.
- We also have to prepare sugar syrup for this recipe.
- So in another vessel take 1 cup sugar and put 1/4 to 1/2 cup of water such that sugar gets dissolved in it. Swith on the flame and allow it to boil till you get 1 string consistency.
- Switch off the flame once you get 1 string consistency.
- Now add besan to this syrup and mix it continously.
- Pour the mixute in the greased plate.
- Allow it to cool for sometime and then you can cut it to pieces.
- Besan chikki is ready to be served.
How To Make Orange Cake:
Orange cake is very delicious in taste. We require some amount of orange peel in this recipe. For that we have to grate some orange skin but we need upper layer of orange skin as inner layer might turn our cake bitter. We have to sieve all dry ingredients thrice and keep aside.
Then we have take all wet ingredients in a vessel ( 3/4 cup curd, 1/2 cup orange juice, 1/2 cup oil and 3/4 cup sugar). Add 1 teaspoon orange peel (orange skin). Blend everything nicely such that it mixes everything together and it becomes smooth.
Now add dry ingredients gradually in small small portion in it and mix by cut and fold method.
Put microwave oven for preheat on convection mode on 180C.
Grease cake tin with oil or butter.
Put the cake batter in it.
Once oven is preheated stop and place the cake tin in it. After placing the cake in oven, start and bake the cake on convection mode on 180C for 45 minutes. Check after 45 minutes.
Nice moist and fluffy orange cake will be ready.
Whole Wheat Banana Walnut Cake Recipe:
- Take 1 1/2 cup whole wheat flour and sieve it along with 1 1/2 teaspoon baking powder and 1/2 teaspoon baking soda.
- Sieve it thrice and keep aside. Add pieces of walnut in it and some raisins.
- Now we have to take our all wet ingredients together in a vessel.
- Take three ripe bananas in a vessel along with 3/4 cup sugar. Add 1/2 cup of oil and 1/2 cup of milk.
- Blend all wet ingredients together with the help of blender. Blend it nicely so that everything is mixed properly and we get nice fluffy cake.
- Now we have to add our dry ingredients slowly and keep mixing by cut and fold method.
- Add dry ingredients half at a time not at one go.
- Once our batter is ready. Put our convection on preheating at 180C.
- Grease cake tin with slight oil or butter.
- Pour the cake batter in cake tin. Tap it thrice so that occupies the space properly.
- Once our microwave is preaheated, it gives a beep sound stop the oven and place the cake inside.
- Go to convection mode in microwave. Set temperature to 180C and time to 45 minutes and start.
- After 45 minutes you can stop the oven and check the cake if it is cooked properly.
- Insert a knife or skewer and if cake does stick on it your cake is properly cooked and baked.
- Keep cake outside for cooking. After 10-15 minutes when the cake comes to room temperature you can remove it from the tin and cut into pieces and have. Banana walnut cake is ready.
Orange flavored Cookies Recipe:
These cookies are extremely delicious. It has goodness of butter with light touch of orange.
- We require approx 1/2 tablespoon orange skin (peel) in this recipe to get the slight orange taste. For this we will be grating outer layer skin of the orange as adding inner layer would make the cookies bitter in taste. So we have to do this carefully.
- In a large vessel with the help of sieve take 250 grams all purpose flour. Add add 1/4 teaspoon baking powder to it with the help of sieve.
Now add refrigerated 200 gms butter to it. We are not using hot butter here.
- Add 200 grams icing sugar to it.
Add orange skin (peel) to it and mix everything together with the help of your fingers to avoid lumps.
- With the help of very little water knead the dough. We don’t have to use too much water as we are adding icing sugar to it. So use very little water.
- Now take some portion of dough and roll it to thick cylindrical shape.
Repeat the process for other dough.
Keep all the cylinder in a plate and put it in refrigerator for 15-20 minutes.
- Remove it from the refrigerator and with the help of sharp knife cut thin slices of cookies and place in a plate.
- Grease tray with some oil or butter.
Place cookies slices on the tray for baking.
- Bake it on convection mode in preheated oven for 180°C for 12-15 minutes.
- Crisp crunchy orange flavored cookies are ready to be served. Enjoy it with your family and friends in tea time.
Gajar Ka Halwa Recipe:
Gajar halwa is made with carrots, sugar, mava (khoya), cardamon, ghee and cashews.
- Wash and peel 1 kg carrots and cut into small pieces.
- Now instead of grating carrots. I will be grinding it so I have made small pieces of it.
- Once my all carrots are grinded properly, keep it aside in a plate.
- Now heat a cooker and add 2-3 tablespoon ghee in it.
- Once ghee becomes hot add grinded carrot to it and keep stiring continously.
- You will notice carrot will loose moisture and decrease in quantity.
- Now add approx 180-200 gms sugar to it. You can add sugar as per your taste. Stir again.
- Now add approx 1/2 ltr milk and stir again.
- Close the lid and allow it to cook for 4 whistle. Switch off the flame.
- Once it comes to room temperature, open the lid and stir.
- Switch on the flame and keep stiring till it becomes soft and thick in consistency.
- Add cardamon powder, cashews, 50-100 gms khoya and 2 tablespoon ghee and cook for more 4-5 minutes. Adding khoya is optional you can also avoid it. Switch off the flame. Gajar ka halwa is ready to be served.
Ras kadam is very delicious sweet made with rasgullas. It is Bengali sweet also called as kheer kadam. Kadam is variety of one flower. Lord Krishna use to love spending time on this tree. Let’s take a look at how to make ras kadam.
For rasgullas we need chena. Boil 1 litre milk. Once it starts boiling reduce the flame and add lemon juice to it and keep stiring.
As soon as you get chena, you can switch off the flame.
Drain off the water from chena with the help of cloth.
Wash the chena with cold water and squeeze all water from the chena.
Once chena comes to the room temperature and is easy enough to handle, rub it with the help of your palm. Add saffron dissolved in milk and knead a soft dough. I am adding saffron to get the yellow colour. People usually use yellow color. To avoid color I am using saffron.
Take small portion of chena and make small balls.
Now we have to prepare sugar syrup for the ras kadam.
Take two cups of sugar in 4 1/2 cups of water and boil it.
Once the sugar syrup starts boiling add the rasgullas one by one it it. Flame should be high.
After adding all the rasgullas cover the lid and cook it for 20-25 minutes.
You can check it in between and stir it.
After 25 minutes switch off the flame.
By the time kheer kadam is cooling down, knead 250 grams mava (khoya) in a plate.
We have to place rasgulla in khoya. And shape it round.
For outer coating take some dry coconut powder in a plate.
Take rasgullas one by one and roll it on the coconut powder such that it is properly coated from all the sides.
Ras kadam (kheer kadam) should have three layers. Inner layer is of rasgulla then outer layer is of khoya that is mava and the third layer is of coconut coating. You will love ras kadam so try at home and let me know how it was.
- We require 1 cup all purpose flour, 1/2 cup wheat flour, 1/4 cup gram flour and 2-4 tablespoon semolina.
- Take all these dry ingredients one by one in large container by seiving it to avoid lumps in cookies.
- Also sieve and add 1/4 teaspoon baking soda and 1/2 teaspoon baking powder.
- In another vessel take 1 cup melted butter and add 1/2 cup sugar powder. Beat and mix butter and sugar together continously such that sugar gets dissolved and mixture becomes light.
- Now add the mixed dry ingredients in it and mix properly.
- Add some finely chopped pistachios not it and 1/2 teaspoon cardamon powder. Mix everything together and take small portion of mixture and shape round balls and keep in a plate.
- Now we will keep this in refrigerator for 15 minutes.
Now we have to preheat our microwave oven at 150°C. It will take 10-15 minutes depends on your oven. Once it is preheated it gives beep sound.
- Stop the oven, remove the refrigerated cookies and place it on baking tray. Tray should be greased with ghee or butter.
- Open the oven and carefully place the tray inside as the oven will be heated.
- After placing the cookies inside Go on convection mode and bake the cookies for 20-25 minutes on 150°C.
- You can stop the oven in between and check the cookies and adjust the time according.
- Just make sure you do it carefully as the oven will be hot.
- Enjoy your cookies.
- Remove skin of 1 large size corn, wash and roast it directly on fire flame from all the sides.
- Once it cools down a bit you can remove corn kernels with the help of knife.
- Peel 2 cucumber, wash and finely chop it.
- Wash 2 tomatoes and finely chop it.
Now in a vessel take chopped cucumber, tomatoes and roasted corn kernels.
- Add little salt and mix. Don’t add to much salt as we are going to add mayonnaise to it and it already has salt in it so we have to adjust salt accordingly.
- Now add mayonnaise to it (aprox 70 gms) and mix. I am using veg mayonnaise, you can use veg or non veg mayonnaise as per your choice.
- Mix everything together.
- Now take 2 slices of bread. Place the salad mixture on one bread and put other slice of bread on top of it.
- With the help of knife you can also cut it into 2 triangular proportion.
- Simillarly make other sandwiches.
- You can have it in your tea time or whenever you are hungry and have less time to prepare or cook something.