|Baingan (Eggplant/ Brinjal)||500 gms|
|Medium Size Onions||2|
|Coriander Leaves||4-5 Tablespoon Or Few Strands|
|Cumin Seeds||1/2 Teaspoon|
|Turmeric Powder||1/4 To 1/2 Teaspoon|
|Coriander Powder||1/2 To 1 Teaspoon|
|Red Chilly Powder||1/2 Teaspoon|
|Salt||As Per Taste|
|Oil||As Per Requirement|
|Mustard Oil||1 Tablespoon|
Baingan ka bharta is one of the popular dish across India. Baingan is loved by people whether it is South Indian Bagara Baingan or North Indian Kashmiri Chok Wangun, Maharastrian Stuffed Baingan (Bharleli Vangi), Baingan Bhajiya, Baingan Masala or Baingan Bharta.
How To Make Baingan Bharta:
- Take 500 gms or 2 Eggplants (Brinjal).
- Wash brinjal and put it on fire flame and roast it from all the sides.
- Roast till baingan skin turns completely black from all the sides and it is cooked properly.
- Repeat the same procedure with another eggplant also. If you have one big brinjal then it will save your some time.
- By the time baingan is getting roasted finely chop 2 medium size onions.
- Finely chop 1 large tomato.
- Chop 1 or 2 green chillies and some fresh coriander leaves.
- As soon as eggplant is roasted switch off the flame.
- Once eggplant (baingan) cools down remove the burned skin and mash it.
- Now heat 2 tablespoon oil in pan or kadhai.
- Add 1/2 teaspoon cumin seeds and allow it to crack.
- Put chopped onions and cook till onions turn light brown.
- Now add chopped tomatoes and cook till tomatoes turn soft.
- Put mashed baingan to the kadhai and stir.
- Add chopped green chillies and cook for more 1 minute.
- Put 1/2 the teaspoon turmeric powder, 1/2 teaspoon red chilly powder and 1/2 to 1 teaspoon coriander powder.
- Put salt to taste and stir.
- Now put chopped coriander leaves.
- Put 1 tablespoon mustard oil and mix. You can put some other cooking oil also.
- Cook baingan bharta for more 2-3 minutes.
- Switch off the flame. Baingan Bharta is ready to be served.
- Remove baingan bharta in a plate.
- Add few chopped coriander leaves on top and I m using one small cherry tomato for garnish which I will place it in the centre of baingan bharta.
- My baingan bharta is ready, looks extremely delicious. Do try yours and let me know how it was? Waiting for your reply.