For Ladoo Batter
|Gram Flour (Besan)||1 1/2 Tea Cups|
|Water||Approx 1/2 Tea Cup|
Ganpati Bappa Mourya!! Ladoos are bapas all time favourite. Today’s recipe is of ladoo. Ladoo is very popular recipe all over in India. Whether it is Marriage or Pooja or some other special occasion, ladoo is always made and loved. There are different types of ladoos motichur ladoo, besan ladoo, rava ladoo, coconut ladoo, chocolate ladoo, boondi ladoo and many more new variations are coming up. Ladoo is that popular in India that you will find few people are also named ladoo in India due to their cuteness when they are kid.
Boondi Ladoo Recipe:
For Making Boondies:
- Take 1 1/2 tea cup besan in a vessel.
- Add water gradually and keep mixing to avoid lumps. We want the batter consistency such that it drops into droplets one by one. In case if your water becomes little thin you can add little besan to get proper consistency. Add 1/2 teaspoon ghee to the batter to get a good taste in boondi. Our ladoo besan batter is ready keep aside.
- Now heat ghee in a kadai for frying boondies.
- Once our ghee is hot enough, take a jhalar in right hand which is used to make boondies and from left hand pour some besan batter on jhalar (boondi maker). You see see besan batter will fall in drops in hot ghee. Keep jhalar (boondi maker) aside and fry boondies quickly and remove it in plate.
- Boondi doesn’t take much time to be fried. Also drop besan batter in very less amount such that you get round boondies of it.
- Repeat the process and fry all boondies in batches. Remove and keep boondies in big plate, spread across.
- In the same ghee fry cashews (kajus) and resins (kishmish) and remove and keep aside. Now we have to prepare sugar syrup.
For Sugar Syrup (Chasni):
- Take 1 1/2 tea cup sugar with 1/4 th tea cup of water and boil.
- Keep boiling till you get one string consistency.
- Now quickly add the fried boondies and mix together such that all boondies are soaked and boondies absorb the sugar syrup. Switch off the flame. Add dry fruits and cardamon podwer. Mix everything and let it rest for few minutes.
- Once ladoo mixture cools down slightly and is hot enough to handle, take small portion of it into your palm and close your palm tightly and press again and again, squeeze such that all mixture comes together and you can shape round balls of it. Shape round ladoos and keep aside in plate.
- Once you are done with all the ladoos keep them aside in air tight container. Bapas favourite Boondi ladoos are ready.