|Sugar||1/2 Tea Cup Plus As Per Taste|
|Water||3 Tea Cups|
|Chopped Dry Fruits||2 Tablespoon|
Chanar Payesh is rasgulla kheer recipe. It is made during durga puja in Bengali homes. Bengali desserts are know for their taste whether it is rasgulla, sondesh or mishti dohi. Chanar payesh is very traditional recipe made in homes. I have used rasgullas here as it was used traditionally people also make it directly with chena without making rasgullas.
Chanar Payesh (Rosogolla Payesh):
- We require 1 litre milk for this recipe.
- Take 1/2 litre milk in one vessel and another 1/2 litre in another vessel.
- Boil the milk in both the vessels.
- Reduce the flame and allow milk in one vessel to cook slowly till it reduces the half amount. Keep stiring in between.
- Squeeze one lemon juice in another vessel of milk. As soon as you squeeze lemon juice it milk will turn into chena. Switch off the flame of this chena vessel.
- Put chena water in one cloth to filter out chena, drain water from chena. Wash chena with cold water and squeeze all water out.
- Now take chena in a plate and rub with your palm for 5-7 minutes and knead a soft dough of chena.
- Take small portion of chena and make small round balls of it.
- Keep stiring the milk kept in another vessel on low flame.
- Take another vessel with half cup of sugar and 3 cups of water. Boil it.
- Once water starts boiling add chena balls into it. Cover and cook on high flame for 5 minutes and on medium flame more 5-7 minutes.
- Simultaneously keep stiring the milk kept in another vessel for reducing.
- Swith off the flame of rasgulla. Remove rasgullas from water and keep in plate.
- Once rasgullas cool down slightly squeeze out water from it and put chena rasgullas in reduced milk. Stir and add sugar as per your taste.
- Put cardamon powder and dry fruits and mix.
- Cook for more 5-7 minutes and switch off the flame. Chanar Payesh is ready to be served.