|Lobia (Chawli)||1 Cup|
|Green Corrainder Leaves||2 Tablespoon|
|Mint Leaves (Pudina)||1 Tablespoon|
|Cumin Seeds||1/4 Teaspoon|
|Salt||As Per Taste|
|Onion Medium Size||2|
Lobia ( Black Eye Beans) also known as Chawli is used for preparing curries in India and it tastes really well with hot steam rice. Specially if the curry is cooked using garlic. Garlic brings good taste in lobia. Recipe which I am sharing below is not of lobia curry but of lobia pakoras (pakodas). I love chawli pakodas and you might too love it. So note the recipe below:
Lobia (Chawli) Pakora Recipe:
- Soak 1 cup lobia (black eyed beans) over night or for 6-7 hrs.
- Once lobia is soaked wash it nicely with water.
- Now in a grinder take soaked black eyed beans along with 2-3 green chillies, 2 tablespoon corrainder (dhaniya) leaves, 1 tablespoon mint (pudina leaves), 1/4 teaspoon cumin seeds and grind it to a paste.
- Now transfer the grinder mixture into a vessel. Add salt and chopped onions.
- Mix it properly. Instead of chopped onion you can also use some finely chopped garlic cloves.
- Now heat oil in a pan or kadhai for frying lobia pakodas.
- Shape pakoras of lobia with your hand and put it in oil carefully for frying once oil is hot enough.
- Don’t put it in haste as oil will be hot enough and can splash out. Put it slowly and carefully in oil.
- You have to fry pakoras on medium flame from both the sides till it turns crisp and is cooked properly.
- Fry all the pakoras (fritters) and keep aside in a plate.
- Serve it with green chutney or tomato ketchup.
Chef – Geeta