|Moong Dal||200 gms|
|Ghee||1 Tea Cup|
|Sugar||1 Tea Cup|
|Water||1 Tea Cup|
Sweetness has connection to happiness. In our happy moments we have our Mr or Miss dessert to celebrate with us and they carry our bundle of joy to our closed ones.
India is well known for their desserts whether it is chulbeli jalebi or natkhat ladoo or rasilla rasgulla and many more.
Halwa is one dessert which is almost loved in every Indian homes. Gajar Halwa, Doodhi Halwa, Moong Dal Halwa, Suji Halwa are top hits.
Moong Dal Halwa is very delicious in taste. It is mostly made in winters. People love this dish so much thats the reason moong dal halwa is mostly kept in Indian wedding menu.
How To Make Moong Dal Halwa:
- Soak 200 gms split moong dal for 3-4 hrs.
- Once the dal is soaked properly. Wash it under running water properly.
- Now grind the soaked moong dal into smooth paste.
- Heat 1 cup ghee and add the grinded moon dal paste to it.
- Keep stiring continously on low to medium flame such that dal doesn’t stick to the pan.
- Keep stiring till the rawness of moon dal goes away and you get nice golden brown color.
- By the time dal is getting roasted in ghee we have to prepare chasni.
- For chasni take one cup sugar in 1 cup water and boil till it becomes sticky and and changes color.
- Switch off the flame.
- On the other hand keep stiring moong dal.You will get nice aroma of moong dal getting roasted in ghee.
- Initially dal will absorb ghee but once it gets roasted properly it starts leaving ghee.
- As soon as it starts leaving ghee, at this stage we have to add chasni to it and stir continously till absorbs the ghee and chasni together. It will become dry and take form of halwa.
- Switch off the flame and add 6-7 cardamon powder and dry fruits to the halwa.
- Mix halwa properly. Delicious moong dal halwa is ready to be served.