|Orange Peel||1/2 Tablespoon|
|All Purpose Flour (Maida)||250 Grams|
|Icing Sugar||200 Grams|
|Baking Powder||1/2 Teaspoon|
Orange flavored Cookies Recipe:
These cookies are extremely delicious. It has goodness of butter with light touch of orange.
- We require approx 1/2 tablespoon orange skin (peel) in this recipe to get the slight orange taste. For this we will be grating outer layer skin of the orange as adding inner layer would make the cookies bitter in taste. So we have to do this carefully.
- In a large vessel with the help of sieve take 250 grams all purpose flour. Add add 1/4 teaspoon baking powder to it with the help of sieve.
Now add refrigerated 200 gms butter to it. We are not using hot butter here.
- Add 200 grams icing sugar to it.
Add orange skin (peel) to it and mix everything together with the help of your fingers to avoid lumps.
- With the help of very little water knead the dough. We don’t have to use too much water as we are adding icing sugar to it. So use very little water.
- Now take some portion of dough and roll it to thick cylindrical shape.
Repeat the process for other dough.
Keep all the cylinder in a plate and put it in refrigerator for 15-20 minutes.
- Remove it from the refrigerator and with the help of sharp knife cut thin slices of cookies and place in a plate.
- Grease tray with some oil or butter.
Place cookies slices on the tray for baking.
- Bake it on convection mode in preheated oven for 180°C for 12-15 minutes.
- Crisp crunchy orange flavored cookies are ready to be served. Enjoy it with your family and friends in tea time.