|Rava (Semolina)||1 Cup|
|Dahi (Curd)||1 Cup|
|Medium Sized Carrot||1|
|Baking Powder or Eno Fruit Salt||1/4 Teaspoon|
|Salt||As Per Taste|
|Oil||As Per Requirement|
|Mustard Seeds||1/2 Teaspoon|
|Curry Leaves||Spring Of|
Rava Appam Recipe:
Appam is also made with rice and urad dal fermented batter.
The recipe which I am sharing below is made with semolina (rava).
- Take 1 cup semolina (rava) and 1 cup curd and mix together.
- Add 1/4 teaspoon eno fruit salt and mix again.
- Now add one medium size grated carrot and half roasted corn kernels. You can also use grated cauliflower, green peas instead.
- Add salt to taste and mix again.
- Now heat oil and add 1/2 teaspoon mustard seeds. Once mustard seeds starts cracking add curry leaves to it. Switch off the flame and add it to the semolina curd (rava-dahi) batter. Mix everything and let it rest for 15-20 minutes.
- After 15-20 minutes heat appam pan on low flame.
- Add 1-2 drops of oil in every circle. Now add 1/2 tablespoon rava batter in every circle.
- Let it cook on low to medium flame.
Turn it on other side once it is cooked from one side.
- Remove appes in a plate once it cooked from both the sides.
- Simillarly repeat the same process for remaining batter and make appam.
- Switch off the flame once you are done with all appams.
- Have appams with tomatoe sauce or any other chutney.