|Suran (Yam)||500 gms|
|Medium Size Onions||3|
|Tomatoes Medium Size||2|
|Cumin Seeds (Jeera)||Pinch Of|
|Coriander Powder (Dhaniya Powder)||1 teaspoon|
|Turmeric Powder (Haldi Powder)||1/2 teaspoon|
|Garam Masala||1 teaspoon|
|Salt||As per taste|
|Kasuri Methi||1/2 teaspoon|
Yam is called as suran or oal in Hindi. Yam(Suran) is rich source of minerals like potassium, copper, iron, calcium, phosphorus and magnesium. Yam is good for diabetic patients. It is good for digestion people those who face constipation, yam is good for them. It cleans the internal body system. It helps in reducing weight. It is good to consume yam during stress as it reduces stress.
Suran Ki Sabji Recipe:
- Peel and wash yam(suran) and cut into 2 inch pieces.
- Boil yam(suran), Give 1 whistle.
- Once yam(suran) is boiled remove it in a plate or bowl and let it cool for 2 mins.
- Take 1 tablespoon besan in a bowl add little water and make a thick flowing batter.
- Heat oil in pan. Put pieces of yam ( suran / oal) one by one in the besan batter and coat it from both the sides and shallow fry them till slightly brown colour.
- Once yam(suran / oal) pieces are fried remove and keep aside in plate.
For Yam Curry:
- Heat oil in a pan or use the same oil which you have used for shallow frying yam.
- Put pinch of cumin seeds.
- After few seconds put slit of green chillies ( hari mirch), cloves ( Lavang) and cinnamon ( dalchini).
- After one minute add ginger garlic paste.
- Once raw smell of ginger garlic goes add chopped onion and stir for a while.
- Now add tomatoes and let it cook for a while.
- Once tomatoes are cooked add corainder powder, turmeric powder, garam masala and salt.
- Put 1 teaspoon oil, stir and let it cook for 5 mins.
- Now add fried yam (oal) pieces to it and stir it again.
- Put 2 glass of water for the curry, stir and let it cook for 10 mins.
- Put 1/2 teaspoon kasuri methi to the yam (oal) curry and let it cook for more 5 mins.
- Switch of the flame after 5 mins. Yam (oal) curry is ready to be served.