|Arbi (Colocasia Roots)||400-500 Gms|
|Rice Flour||5-6 Tablespoon|
|Onion Greens||1-2 Strand|
|Sour Buttermilk||200 ML|
|Coriander Powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Red Chilly Powder||1/2 Teaspoon|
|Salt||As Per Taste|
|Mustard Oil||As Per Requirement|
|Water||As Per Requirement|
|Turmeric Powder||1/2 Teaspoon|
Taro (colocasia) roots also called as arbi in Hindi has many health benefits.
Arbi is rich in potassium, phosphorus, magnesium, copper and manganese. It has vitamin A and vitamin C. It reduces the risk of cancer and is good for our skin also. Arbi kadhi is made in different styles in different states.
One of my friend from himachal shared the way they make arbi (colocasia roots) kadhi. I tried the recipe and liked the taste. It was different and so thought of sharing the kadhi recipe with you.
How To Make Himachal Style Arbi Kadhi:
- First boil 400-500 gms arbies (colocasia roots).
- Take onion greens 1-2 strands, onion white, 2-3 red chillies and 4-5 garlic pods or garlic greens. Grind it to coarse paste and keep aside.
- Now coat boiled arbi with 2 tablespoon rice flour and shallow fry in mustard oil.
- Heat 2 tablespoon mustard oil in a kadhai or pan.
- Add prepared coarse paste and stir.
By the time take little 3 tablespoon rice flour in a vessel along with sour buttermilk approx 200 ml and mix properly.
- Add this rice-buttermilk mixture to the kadhai and stir again.
- Put turmeric powder, red chilly powder, coriander powder and salt as per taste.
- Now add fried arbies (colocasia roots) to the kadhi and cook it for more 5 minutes.
Himachal Arbi kadhi is ready to be served. Serve it with hot steamed rice.